Monday, August 06, 2007

Vintage musical instruments...

One of the textures I found recently was the back of an old water-stained masonite clipboard. It was such a rich brown color, that I entered a little brown phase...

The first digital collages that I have made use of the masonite texture in is this series of vintage musical instruments. I am finding that keeping these very simple seems to be working best.

I spent a good amount of time creating some new spatter brushes, only to have them all lost when Photoshop crashed. Won't be much much work to recreate them, but still, another aggravation I caused myself that I could have avoided by restarting Photoshop after I created the brushes. I thought about it, but sometimes I get too excited about making stuff.

These are available at Etsy.

No comments: