Monday, December 19, 2005

What's behind the curtain...

Thought I might take a moment to explain a little bit about what drives me to create the work I do. Certains things just strike my fancy, like robots and the Golden age of Science Fiction. I am a bit of a collector, and I love kitsch, and I tend to yearn for times past, when more people were polite and helpful.

Being a graphic designer by trade, it has fallen to me many times in my past to have to recreate a graphic look from a bygone era, and that has translated into many illustration styles for me. I have had the opportunity to work at the international level with some great designers, and you can't spend time with those people without gaining new insight into art and design. I picked up a few new interests from them, too.

I will use this blog to tell a little bit about each design or series of designs I do, and to announce new ones. I hope you will return often, and that you will find this insight interesting.

No comments: