Wednesday, May 16, 2007

The Enamored Moths

This one is a companion piece to "The Enlightened Fireflies", and it was a tough one to get right. Now...tough is a relative term. Digital is certainly faster than traditional techniques, and it was not tough in the traditional methods sense. However, it took many, many attempts to get it right.

But now I am finally happy with it. I eventually realized out that the amount of light put out by a light bulb isn't not as low as that put off by a jar of fireflies. Once I got that idea, I conceded that I would have to make that bulb brighter, and that I could make it brighter and have the print still match the fireflies.

Anyway, this one is available in my Etsy shop.

Big thank you's go out to Christi Jensen at small.town.fun. for featuring the piece, and she now holds the world speed record for featuring one of my new pieces. She blogged about it before I could. Once again, I am blown away to be included with such amazing artists.

No comments: